Points of Pride
A Strong Academic Program
The RMI academic program is strong with a highly talented student body:
- Largest dedicated RMI and actuarial faculty in North America
- A diverse student body
- A third of students enrolled in department programs are international, representing over 40 countries
- 250+ undergraduate students
- Highest average SAT scores of any major in the Robinson College
- 120+ graduate students
- Master of Actuarial Science students have the highest average GMAT scores of any major in the Robinson College – 680
- Mathematical Risk Management students have the second highest average GMAT scores of any major in the Robinson college – 660
- 10 – 15 Ph.D. students
- Ph.D. students have been placed in the business schools of top academic institutions worldwide
- Program has been ranked among the nation’s top 10 by U.S. News & World Report for the past 14 years. Currently ranked 5th.
- The Actuarial Science program is designated as a Center of Actuarial Excellence by the Society of Actuaries.
- The RMI Department awards over $400,000 in scholarships and tuition waivers to students annually.
Innovative Graduate Degree Programs
- Only MBA with joint degree options in RMI and Finance
- Only formal dual-degree M.S. integrating mathematical finance and actuarial science in the U.S.
- Over 2200 alumni are employed in financial and non-financial risk management industries in over 40 countries.
RMI faculty are recognized among the best in their fields for research and thought leadership, specializing in such areas as:
- Catastrophe Risk
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Quantitative Modeling in Insurance and Financial Risk
- Insurance Regulation & Policy
- Social Security & Retirement
- Behavioral Risk
- Legal & Contractual Risk